Re: 'bzr init-repo .' crashes for lack of module bz2. Help, please!

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: 'bzr init-repo .' crashes for lack of module bz2. Help, please!
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 09:06:05 +0900

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:
> It is an old Debian system ("sarge") and I find its full screen packaging
> utility "aptitude" too baroque for my taste - it's almost as complicated
> to use as "mutt" (email client), and that amount of complication is
> excessive for a utility I might use two or three times a year.  I want a
> straightforward command line packaging system

Note that aptitude also works as a command line tool, if you give it a
command when invoking instead of just saying "aptitude".
(e.g. "sudo aptitude install XXX" etc)

> so I'm going with gentoo on my next system.

If you want to avoid baroqueness, gentoo may not be the best choice...

-Miles

--
Acquaintance, n. A person whom we know well enough to borrow from, but not
well enough to lend to.