`bzr viz' slooow

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: `bzr viz' slooow
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:05:54 +0100 (CET)

The most valuable tool of git is `gitk' to visualize changes together
with the corresponding tree.  The pendant is `bzr viz', using the
`gtk' plugin for bazaar.  However, it is very slow.  Calling this
command for the emacs trunk takes five minutes to start on my laptop
with a a dual-core 1Ghz CPU having 1GByte of memory.[*] I know, thou
shalt not compare the holy bzr promoted by God himself against the
devilish git, however, I did just that: Calling it on the current git
repository of the linux 2.6 kernel (with approx. 180000 commits,
almost twice as much commits as for emacs), it only takes less than a
minute to build (and display) the tree.

Sigh.

    Werner

[*] I know how to limit the viewed commits so that it becomes faster,
    but this is not the point of this rant.