Re: `bzr viz' slooow

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: `bzr viz' slooow
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:10:55 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> Isn't this the problem of the bzr-gtk plugin and how it is
>> implemented?
>
> Maybe.  However, it is quite generic and basically independent of the
> version of bzr.  In other words, it uses calls to the bzr
> infrastructure to get the data.

And why do you think that it is bzr the main culprit? Haven't you seen
the timings about qlog, which does the same thing but much faster? Have
you forgotten about the possibility of displaying the graph at the same
time that the data is collected, the same way gitk does? Or is this
about blaming bzr and make it look bad?

>> I think it's more productive and appropriate to file a bug against
>> it.
>
> Will do, of course.

Great, because the biggest slowdown by far is in viz, not in bzr.

>> (btw, my machine took about 57 sec and I'm fine with that.)
>
> Either your machine is much faster than mine, or you have `light'
> checkout.

Actually, building the graph on a lightweight checkout of a remote
branch will require *much* more time.