Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99650: Put scroll-bar on right b

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99650: Put scroll-bar on right by default on UNIX.
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:30:18 -0400

    Because its in the same position as all other apps on my
    desktop. Arbitrary positioning of any UI element is silly and the
    reasons are well documented. In addition it isn't in my face since we
    tend to read and write left to write so spend more time in the left side
    of a window.

It seems clear that you want to ignore the scroll bar.

Are you an experienced Emacs user?

Do you ever use the scroll bar in Emacs?
Would you be unhappy if you turned it off?