Re: unit test framework

From: rubikitch
Subject: Re: unit test framework
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:16:53 +0900 (JST)

From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:56:51 +0100

Hi,

> I asked long ago for a comparision on EmacsWiki:
>
>   http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/UnitTesting
>
> However there have not been any interest in that. If have cc:ed the
> unit test framework authors, maybe they want to say something.
>
> I am not sure which of them have signed papers:
>
>   ert: Christian Ohler
>   elunit: Phil Hagelberg
>   elk-test: Nikolaj Schumacher
>   etest: Phil Jackson
>   el-mock: rubikitch

I am the author of el-expectations and el-mock.

el-expectations is focused on simpleness and readability.
No assert-* functions, no setup and teardown functions.
It is the same philosophy as expectations in Ruby.
http://expectations.rubyforge.org/files/README.html

el-mock is a mock framework.

Cheers,
--