Re: d-s-m default: Nil + explanation!

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: d-s-m default: Nil + explanation!
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:27:30 +0100

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 2:18 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

>>> There is no point in reverting to polemics until we have even decided
>>> what we are talking about.
>>
>> I do not think what I said is just polemics.
>
> So you seriously believe that currently it is not possible for a
> prospective user to do even the simplest editing in Emacs.

Yes I do.

In simple editing I include that the visible region behaves as they do
in other editing environment. That is something I have seen people
using very frequently.

But the CUA keys are not used equally often, but those who are used to
edit much normally use them much.

If I am kind I am not including CUA keys for basic editing ;-)