Re: What is emacs architecture ?

From: Fren Zeee
Subject: Re: What is emacs architecture ?
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:28:42 -0700

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Karl Fogel <address@hidden> wrote:
> Stephen Berman <address@hidden> writes:
>>This is, however, a "limited preview", as Google calls it, i.e. missing
>>various pages not made available by the copyright holder (O'Reilly).
>
> I'm 99% sure that Jim Blandy is the copyright holder for the chapter in
> question, actually, and he might have already put the chapter online
> somewhere (or would be able to do it if asked).  I don't see it linked
> to from Jim's home page, www.red-bean.com/jimb, but I don't think he
> keeps that page terribly up-to-date either.

If it were truly a valuable document, someone _here_ would have
definitely pursued it, read it and likely enhanced the ideas.

I am not asking at the moment of the architecture of the whole of
elisp code of packages but the basic architecture in C ie primitives ,
the operation of the lisp stack for the diassembled code and so on.
Where is the documentation of the lisp assembled code in elisp.pdf ?
Jim Blandy's article touches everything a little superficially.

Where do you get the very minimal of the emacs code ? For anyone to
contribute to emacs, there has to be some very minimal code to be read
and understood and also documenting the journey for future reference
when the person starts forgetting.