Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:55:00 +0100

> And normal access to the history (as well as access using completion).

Any reason why this is still not available in vanilla Emacs?

> I made the point that the solution to the problem Juri described is
> not to rename the commands but to use better completion
> (e.g. substring, regexp, pcomplete, fuzzy,...).  That's the point.
> It does not matter how you get better completion.

Yes, better completion is what we need.  This includes pushing
more likely completions to the top of the list.  But it seems
in anything-M-x the sorting order of completions is random
(at least, I can't deduce any logic behind the order of its completions).