Re: Locks on the Bzr repository

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: Locks on the Bzr repository
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:25:52 +0100

Richard Stallman writes:

> I don't know enough to have an opinion about the substance of the
> question, but it is clear that you need to argue for this in a Bzr
> discussion group.  Discussing it here means, in effect, asking me to
> convey it to them -- and using me as middleman for an issue I only
> barely understand is not very effective.

Oh, it has been discussed in the Bazaar discussion group.  Look for
"rebase" in this listing:

  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2010q1/thread.html

I am sure that these kinds of technical discussions would have
happened myriads of times.

I think the point where your help is needed is in impressing upon them
that gnu projects like Emacs are having to choose inefficient and
time-consuming workflows because bazaar does not support rebase.  If
rebase were available, Emacs developers can learn to use it correctly,
and use more efficient workflows.  So, they are imposting a cost on
the rest of us.

Cheers,
Uday