Re: Locks on the Bzr repository

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Locks on the Bzr repository
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:36:07 -0400

    Oh, it has been discussed in the Bazaar discussion group.

If you are not happy with the outcome, and you have arguments to
present, or you just want the Bazaar developers to know how important
the issue is to you, please participate in the discussion there.
Discussing it where the developers will see it can change their minds.
Discussing it here, in their absence, is mean-spirited.

    I think the point where your help is needed is in impressing upon them
    that gnu projects like Emacs are having to choose inefficient and
    time-consuming workflows because bazaar does not support rebase.

I only barely understand the issue.  A few days ago, someone told me
what rebase means, but I don't understand why it is important.  And
even if I understood the arguments, I would not be able to present
them.

However, if the Emacs maintainers believe that rebase is important for
Emacs maintenance, they can write an explanation of why, including why
the alternatives Bazaar recommends are not adequate for Emacs.  I
could not write that myself, but given it, I could show that to the
Bazaar developers and urge them to pay attention.