Re: base

From: Leo
Subject: Re: base
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:52:19 +0100

On 2010-08-26 12:26 +0100, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> There are a few tools I use where my level of familiarity with the
> internals is like yours regarding git, but bzr is not one of them, and
> probably never will be. Still, I have no trouble using it quite
> efficiently (no thanks to bzr docs), without having a slightest idea
> how it represents the history DAG or what are all those files in the
> .bzr subdirectories of my repository.

I don't think Stephen was arguing that in order to use git effectively
one must learn its internals. It was rather that git has a very simple
foundation for those who want to explore it.

Many people use git without understanding its model and yet they are
far more efficient than using other tools such as bzr happily doing
merging, branching and rebasing.

Leo