Re: base

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: base
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 09:06:12 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, when things get broken, you need a technician to fix them.  Most
> users aren't technicians.  Projects shouldn't choose tools that become
> broken or could break the project to the degree that most users
> couldn't fix without calling a technician.

The real problem are tools that can break the project to the degree that
it becomes scary to impossible to fix even for technicians.

One thing I like about git is that you can always literally do

git reset --hard '@{one hour ago}'

As long as you have not pushed anything.  But why would you when things
go horribly wrong?

--
David Kastrup