Re: Combining face and map stuff

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Combining face and map stuff
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 18:03:04 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> How would the display engine know which "plane" to use for rendering
> each character?  Or are you suggesting to hard-code a fixed list of
> "planes" in the display code?

It sounds like he's saying it would use their union, with a
property-specific function used to compute that union.

[and that the union computation could be done at "property setting time"
rather than at display time, to avoid speed problems.]

-miles

--
Future, n. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends
are true and our happiness is assured.