Re: Deprecated browsers in browse-url.el

From: Andrew W. Nosenko
Subject: Re: Deprecated browsers in browse-url.el
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 02:42:19 +0200

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:11, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: CHENG Gao <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:15:10 +0800
>>
>> I am wondering if some browsers should be removed from browse-url.el
>> since they are ceased projects for many years. Such as Mosaic, Netscape,
>> Mozilla, Galeon.
>
> Why is it a problem that these are still supported?  What's the urge
> to remove them?

While I see no problems in a half screen page full of Mosaic-related
tuning (despiete of clutter of space and confusion of non so age-old
user, which may be born after gopher become defunct), I _personally_
see a problem in total absence of the more widespread browsers like
Chrome/Chromium or Safari.

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <address@hidden>