RE: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102688: Minor clean up to silence somegcc warn

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102688: Minor clean up to silence somegcc warnings.
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 09:18:20 -0800

> If "users should not need to access BZR" to get access to change-log
> info, then that is not an argument for storing the ChangeLogs in BZR.
>
> It is an argument for generating a user-friendly web page
> straight from the version control logs (thus "making it available
> via http") and doing something simliar when building a tarball
> distribution (thus "delivering it with Emacs").

I guess you are agreeing with me, Karl (but I'm not too sure ;-)).

But just because it is helpful (IMO) to provide users such info locally and via
HTTP, that does not mean that we should not also provide vc access to such info.

And it does not say anything about where we "store" the info for Emacs Dev.  The
info can be available in more than one location, by copy and by pointer.  But
(IMO) users should obtain a copy along with the Emacs source code - that was my
point.

Vc systems are handy for creating, accessing, and storing change messages - no
question about it.  All I'm asking is that the info thus recorded continue to be
available also to users locally (and if possible via http), as part of the
delivered Emacs sources.