Re: attribute warn_unused_result

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: attribute warn_unused_result
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 06:07:01 +0200

> Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 17:34:49 -0800
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> On 02/05/2011 08:35 AM, Chong Yidong wrote:
> > If you fix this, please fix it in the emacs-23 branch (assuming the bug
> > exists there), so that it will be included in the 23.3 release.
>
> I could do that, but three things.  First, I've never installed
> into the emacs-23 branch and am a bit worried about messing with that
> if it is about to be released.

With bzr, each branch is in its own directory, preferably under the
shared repository (i.e., under the same parent as the trunk directory
and your feature branch).  The same command "bzr branch" that you
issued to clone the trunk will work for the branch, except that the
URL is different:

  bzr+ssh://address@hidden/emacs/emacs-23/

> Second, I just now installed a fix for mainline platforms into the
> trunk (see below) but don't know how to fix similar problems on
> Windows, DOS, or NextStep.

MS-DOS uses GCC, so it will work with lib/ignore-value.h.

MS-Windows already works with lib/ignore-value.h (your change in
sysdep.c already used it).  So there's no need to use #ifndef DOS_NT
in this case.