Re: bug in copy-directory

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: bug in copy-directory
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 17:07:02 +0100

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Albinus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If this is not possible, we shall fall back to the Emacs 23.2
>> implementation, which is less broken compared with the current status.
>
> Explain again why the current status is more broken than Emacs 23.2.  As
> far as I can tell, if the copy-as-subdir arg is nil, the Lisp behavior
> is identical to 23.2.

Sorry the confusion, I meant the patches provided by Thierry last days
(adding copy-directory-1).

>> I would vote for continuing with the last patch from Thierry, not
>> committed yet. Maybe it is possible to throw copy-directory-1 away,
>> and to adapt the call of copy-directory in Dired instead of.
>
> Adding a separate copy-directory-1 function does nothing different from
> adding an optional argument to copy-directory that modifies its
> behavior.  Not much point.

It does for Tramp, when (like Thierry did) the file name handler is
called inside copy-directory-1. *This* approach I was opposing.

OK, I'll test the current state (as in bzr) and Thierry's latest patch.

Best regards, Michael.