Re: bug: epg send unencrypted data in trash

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: bug: epg send unencrypted data in trash
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:14:22 -0600

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:05:09 +0100 Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden> wrote:

TV> Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
>> According to the docs for `delete-file' it shouldn't matter what
>> `delete-by-moving-to-trash' says because this is called
>> non-interactively (TRASH is nil when delete-file is called
>> non-interactively).  Or is this funcall interactive somehow?
TV> I don't know, but actually without delete-by-moving-to-trash let-bound
TV> to nil, non--encrypted data goes to trash.

I think this is because in the C source (fileio.c) TRASH is set to
"(null current-prefix-arg)" which is not equivalent to
`called-interactively-p' AFAIK.  IOW I think your fix is masking the
underlying problem.  But I don't know the C source so well so I could be
misunderstanding things.  Perhaps Chong Yidong, who created revision
100462 and introduced the TRASH parameter, can check it.

Ted