Re: Outgoing mail defaults

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Outgoing mail defaults
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 23:06:25 -0400

> I'd like to make it possible to have the line
> machine mysmtphost port smtp
> in the authinfo.gpg file.  I would do this by changing the example code

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting: AFAIK auto-source
maintains a database of how to connect to a given host, not which host
to use for which kind of service.
Or are you suggesting the smtpmail should default to using "whichever
host name appears in .authinfo where the associated port is `smtp'"?

        Stefan