Re: Please don't use revision numbers on commit messages (and elsewhere)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Please don't use revision numbers on commit messages (and elsewhere).
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 12:39:54 +0200

OK, do it. In a previous message, Óscar said:

> So we need another rule: if you are working on a branch other than
> `trunk', use revision ids, else revision numbers. Creppy.

Well, yes. revnos are convenient, and it seems unfortunate to force
everyone to abandon that just because you (= collective) are
developing on a private branch. So if you want your revision
references to be universal, use revids. I'm not trying to convince
anyone *not* to use revids. I'm strongly opposed against being forced
to *use* them in the *trunk* because other people have private
branches. If that means the trunk branch is privileged, well, with our
current setup and procedures, it is.

    Juanma