Re: more url-utils?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: more url-utils?
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 09:19:18 -0600

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

Stefan> While Emacs uses them a lot, dynamically-scoped variables used as
Stefan> implicit extra parameters are bad.  In many cases, it's difficult to
Stefan> avoid using them, but in this case, calling a function after the
Stefan> url-retrieve call works just as well, so there's no excuse.

IIRC, in package.el I had to special-case some URL types, because
headers are inconsistently used.  E.g., I think the 'ftp' method won't
leave headers in the buffer.  It would be nice if this bit were handled
by the url package rather than all the callers.

Tom