Re: Pretest begins end-June

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Pretest begins end-June
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 05:59:00 -0400

> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:11:03 +0200
>
> > Well, at least with R2L users can turn off the reordering if it
> > happens to screw them up too badly.
>
> Unless the screwup asserts itself in the form of an infloop.

I meant turn off for the next session ;-)

> Anyway, as opposed to normal R2L rendering, it is rather unlikely
> that display strings and overlays will happen without some explicit
> user request being involved.

For some value of "explicit", unfortunately.  As you know only too
well, even TAB-completion in the minibuffer uses an overlay with an
after-string when it displays the "[Complete, but not unique]"
message.  And visiting an image file uses a display property.  Etc.,
etc.