Re: Changing the default for `send-mail-function'

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Changing the default for `send-mail-function'
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:54:12 -0500

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:56:50 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
wrote:

LMI> And the result is the same: We get bug reports from users who don't know
LMI> their own identities.

Do we want to accept anonymous bug reports?

I don't mean spam; the reports can be authenticated in some other way to
ensure they are genuine.  But if the submitter doesn't want to be known
or contacted, should that be grounds for dismissal of the bug report?

For instance it could contain embarassing or sensitive (if the sender's
identity were public) information.

Ted