Re: Compiled files without sources????

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Compiled files without sources????
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 18:37:54 +0200

"Evgeny M. Zubok" <address@hidden> writes:

>> Could you be so kind as to tell me, concisely, what the situation is?
>> Which files have been included, which sources are missing, and what
>> version are they included in?
>
> Second this question. Some packages in ELPA provide only compiled
> documentation (info, PostScript, PDF). The sources of documentation
> exist only on upstream. Should the packages always provide the sources
> of documentation in ELPA tree? Is it acceptable that the sources exist
> somewhere on project's hosts?

It might be worth taking a look at the structure of an XEmacs package.
While the source of them in the XEmacs package tree has a different
layout and contains additional structural information files relevant for
generating the package, the compiled XEmacs package contains all
relevant sources for the included material, in particular the Texinfo
sources.

--
David Kastrup