Re: Abort when creating frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Abort when creating frame
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 20:22:35 +0300

> Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 18:47:23 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
>
> I get the backtraces below.
>
> It might be related to a change I introduced back in June: I now (#8)
> run_window_configuration_change_hook when doing x_set_tool_bar_lines
> something we didn't do earlier.

I don't think so.  It's something more weird, see below.

> #1  0x011e5ef1 in bidi_initialize () at bidi.c:762

This crashes here:

  bidi_mirror_table = uniprop_table (intern ("mirroring"));
  if (NILP (bidi_mirror_table))

It should never happen that uniprop_table returns nil.  Something is
badly broken in the build.

Was this during startup, when Emacs was creating its first frame?
Because otherwise, I don't understand how come it called
bidi_initialize at this time: it should be called whenever the first
redisplay cycle, ever, is entered, which happens during startup.

If I can reproduce this, I will take a look.