Re: Abort when creating frame

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Abort when creating frame
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 08:57:29 +0200

>> I get the same behavior with a build from about two weeks ago and a
>> correspondingly different file.
>
> Again, only under GDB?

Yes.  I get a crash with a certain scenario and in order to investigate
that crash I want to run emacs under the debugger.  Unfortunately, I do
not get very far there.

> Does it help to load uni-mirrored.el explicitly, as in "run -l
> ../lisp/international/uni-mirrored.el" from GDB prompt to run Emacs
> (assuming you run GDB from the src directory)?

gdb --args c:/emacs/quickfixes/bin/emacs.exe -l
c:/emacs/quickfixes/lisp/international/uni-mirrored.el

or

gdb --args c:/emacs/quickfixes/bin/emacs.exe -l
../lisp/international/uni-mirrored.el

give the same backtrace.

> Anyway, it looks like Emacs is unable to load uni-mirrored.el, I get
> the same crash if I rename the file.  So perhaps put a breakpoint in
> Fload and see what's going on there when it tries to load
> uni-mirrored.el.

How?  I don't know when it tries to load uni-mirrored.el.

martin