disable delete-selection-mode? (was: Re: draft for DEL key poll)

From: chad
Subject: disable delete-selection-mode? (was: Re: draft for DEL key poll)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 15:38:52 -0700

I had a question about the poll wording (should it mention
deactivating the region?), but I wanted to check the behavior without
delete-selection-mode, to verify that my memory of the old default was
correct.  Running emacs -q from this morning's bzr HEAD, I can't find
a way to turn off the new behavior; an active region is deleted
regardless of delete-selection-mode.  This isn't the behavior I see with
my os-default emacs 22.1 install. What am I missing?

Thanks,
*Chad