Re: ELPA update

From: Julien Danjou
Subject: Re: ELPA update
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 12:14:22 +0200

On Thu, Sep 29 2011, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> I don't see what's wrong with my proposal to have a `elpa-dev' branch
> for unstable and `elpa-stable' for stable packages; merging `elpa' into
> `elpa-dev' will be a much clearer sign to publish a new version than
> incrementing the version number (which, as we know, is often
> unparseable).

For the record, I am ok to do something more cmplex than the
commit->publish work flow, as far as it is (mostly) automatic and I
don't have to ping anyone to see my package online. :)

The problem I see with branch merging, is that you can't select a
precise package to merge in a flow of commit, unless you just do a merge
without keeping the history, which kind of sucks too.
(I'm more a git expert than a bzr one, but I don't think I'm breaking
assumption here).

--
Julien Danjou