Re: Why all the Alt bindings by default?

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Why all the Alt bindings by default?
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 23:19:21 +1100

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The other question is if I have defined some
>> real alt bindings, how do you tell those form key translations?
>
> Why would you need to?

I'm old and forgetful. sometimes I need a reminder about what key
bindings are available in a mode. As pointed out by SJT,
heuristically, I can distinguish key translations from key bindings by
the thing they are bound to, but maybe I forget about this (did I
mention I'm old and forgetful?)

Tim

P.S. In all seriousness, not a big issue, though I do think it is
unfortunate and a possible source of confusion to have both key
bindings and key translations displayed in a buffer created by a
command to describe key bindings.  At the very least, updated doc
string informing users about the key translations would probably be
worthwhile.

--
Tim Cross