Re: Emacs 24 semantic C++ completion problem

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Emacs 24 semantic C++ completion problem
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:16:06 +0100

David Engster writes:
> Vyacheslav Gonakhchyan writes:
>> I suppose semantic-c-reset-preprocessor-symbol-map hook(in bovine/c.el) is
>> removed before I change semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-file.
>
> I see. I activate Semantic later, which is why it still worked for me. I
> think.
>
> We used to have the `semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-file' defcustom
> autoloaded, but that would never get past the Monnier-filter. I'm not
> sure how to handle this now. You can set it via customize, which will
> call `semantic-c-reset-preprocessor-symbol-map'; but we will have to
> think of something for people who set it directly...

You can of course use

(setq-default semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-file
              '("/usr/include/OGRE/OgrePlatform.h"))

Still, this only works if you did *not* require semantic/bovine/c
before, so we still have to think of something better, since I know many
people require that file in their .emacs.

-David