Re: Release branch plans

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Release branch plans
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 18:02:00 +0300

> Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 06:04:55 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > No: history is something that gets recorded "for eternity", whereas its
> > rendition in human form is done on the fly and can be fixed by
> > subsequent releases (or by the use of other tools, options, ...).
> > Hence history is of utmost importance, whereas its rendition is secondary.
>
> And you still didn't say what is it important _for_, if not for being
> investigated by humans.  Until you explain that, I consider your
> arguments void

Ouch! that sounds offensive, which was not the intent, far from it.
Sorry.

What I meant was that, unless you tell what uses of history you
consider important, the arguments are not convincing at all, because
they don't reveal any practical reasons for which you are so opposed
to cherry-picking, for example.