Re: Windows: Emacs 24.1 binary size vs 24.2 binary size

From: Christoph
Subject: Re: Windows: Emacs 24.1 binary size vs 24.2 binary size
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 06:26:18 -0600

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
None whatsoever.  This revision changes a few lines in a single
function, see the diffs below.  None of the changes should cause or
prevent loading of some other package, AFAICS.

IOW, it all sounds like some obscure bug triggered indirectly either
by previous versions or by the new version.  Beats me how, though.

One way to explore this further would be to dump the pure space in the
2 builds and compare them.  I don't know of any convenient method of
doing that.

I will dig around some more as time permits.

In any case, I don't think you should delay the 24.2 binaries any
more.  I'm using 24.2 every day since the release, on 2 different
machines, and didn't see any problems.

OK. I will upload the 24.2 tonight.

Thanks.