Re: Change in rmail-insert-mime-forwarded-message

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Change in rmail-insert-mime-forwarded-message
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 00:27:12 -0500

    So, what, if anything, should be done about this in the emacs-24 branch
    (ie for the 24.3 release)?

Is the change that caused the bug included in the 24.3 release?

    My inclination is not to backport the subsequent trunk rmail changes to
    emacs-24 at this stage, but to revert the 2012-12-29 rmailmm change in
    emacs-24 (only). Then at least 24.3 will be no worse than 24.1,2, and
    the new stuff can get more testing in trunk.

I am surprised this change was put into the release at such a late
date.  It did not fix a regression.  I think reverting it in the
release is right.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation