RE: Should ending successful Isearch with C-g restore the relative windo

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Should ending successful Isearch with C-g restore the relative window position?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:59:02 -0800

> Does scroll-preserve-screen-position change anything in this
> situation?

Not for me.  Does it help for you?

Also, I do not want scrolling to preserve screen position, according to what the
option description says that means.  I just want Isearch C-g to return me to
where I was (including window position) after successful search.

That has little to do with "scrolling" per se, AFAICT.  Yes, the text gets
"scrolled", in a sense, when Isearch moves to a match that is outside the text
shown in the window.  But that is not what I think of as scrolling.

Anyway, reading the option description does not lead me to conclude that it
would act also for such Isearch "scrolling".  And it does not, for me at least.