Re: Eshell and Sudo

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Eshell and Sudo
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 06:07:51 +0100

Aidan Gauland <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Aidan,

> OK, then I'd say go ahead and commit the changes.

I will, for sure. The question is rather whether to commit in the
emacs-24 branch, or in trunk. I prefer the emacs-24 branch, because the
changes are such simple. Glenn? Stefan?

> I hope this clears up the recursive load problem.  Any idea why this
> appears erratically (for some people and not others)?  Have you been
> able to reproduce it consistently?

Maybe there is a misunderstanding. The recursive load problem happens
consistently with the recipe given by Ian. This is fixed by the (require
'tramp) forms in the patch.

I was rather surprised to see that a "sudo id" sometimes refused to
run. But this is covered by my second patch, which handles the defense
mechanism of Tramp.

> Regards,
> Aidan Gauland

Best regards, Michael.