Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 12:27:26 +0530

> On 12.3.2013, at 03:33, Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Jambunathan is claiming that he has not yet designated this work as
>> within the scope of Emacs, but he may be ignorant of the legal
>> implications of committing code to certain repositories.  On the other
>> hand, a court might construe his ignorance to mean that no intent to
>> contribute was present.
>
> It is easy to see and prove that the intent from day on was to become
> part of Emacs.

An intent to act certain way is not the act itself.  The intent has to
be un-equivocally established and stand third party scrutiny
irrespective of what parties to dispute claim.  I say that I am changing
my intent.  It is *my* intent right and I should seek your approval for
it? Absurd, I say.

I *didn't* move the file from ./contrib/ to lisp/ in Org repo.  Contrib
files are for all practical purposes non-Emacs files. Bastien didn't
consult me while moving those files.  Prove me wrong, I will accept
defeat and walk away.

How can anyone even claim all-your-code-written-or-unwritten-is-mine.  I
 have signed my contract for a nominal $1 exchange.
 all-your-code-written-or-unwritten-is-mine-as-long-as-you-say-otherwise
 should be the spirit.

People are disregarding my "moral rights" over my work and pushing me in
a corner to act a certain way to serve their own interests.  This I feel
is plain wrong and an act of snatching or appropriation.

Jambunathan K.