Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 20:32:47 +0400

"Allen S. Rout" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 03/27/2013 05:13 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>> please go back and review the original discussion that led to
>> selection of Bazaar.  [...]
>>

> Might some kind soul decorate this with e.g. a GMANE reference or other
> similar?

If I found the right discussion, these two messages:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/90798/focus=92070
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/90798/focus=91330

seem to indicate that Bazaar was considered a good enough tech at the
time, and that politics were coming second, or at least were not an
overriding factor.

If Bazaar had been in bad shape even then, I don't see anyone mentioning
that in the discussion (admittedly, I haven't read every message).