Naming internal functions (was: Modern Conventions for Emacs Lisp files?

From: Christopher Schmidt
Subject: Naming internal functions (was: Modern Conventions for Emacs Lisp files?)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 21:55:18 +0100 (BST)

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> I'd be happy to refine/extend/tweak the existing conventions, but
> switching to different ones would be a lot more problematic.

I would like to propose a tweak to the prefix convention.

    (info "(elisp)Coding Conventions")

Let's separate package and name of internal functions or variables with
two consecutive dashes.

There are some packages which implement that already, such as epg or cl.

In my opinion, this makes understanding code a lot easier and one does
know instantly whether a function or variable is safe for use by
external packages.

        Christopher