Re: using glyphs by default in perl-mode

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: using glyphs by default in perl-mode
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 12:31:32 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Do you also see question marks, or do you see something else?
>> It looks like a small white square.
>
> Thanks.  This one is a problem of font, which might be solvable by
> fiddling with your console's font, but Emacs has no way to tell whether

This is the default font for the console.  Normal users cannot change
the console font.

This means that a Linux console is unusable to edit perl code by
default.

What problem does showing a glyph instead of -> solve?  This looks like
a personal preference, and one that causes problems.

Please revert this change, it is fundamentally broken as a default.