Re: Rename `eww' to `web'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Rename `eww' to `web'
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 16:30:26 -0400

        [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
        [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
        [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

    I already have an HTTP client called web.

    So it would be a little unfair to just pinch the name?

Making things easy for users must take priority.  We cannot regard a
name as somehow "occupied" by code that we don't somehow distribute or
recommend.

Even if we did somehow distribute or recommend that code, we might
still want to use that name for something else.  Making Emacs
good for users is they point.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation