Re: There should be an option to set the display size of an image to zer

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: There should be an option to set the display size of an image to zero
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 17:18:55 +0200

Hello.

18 sep 2013 kl. 08:56 skrev Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

> One possible idea -- not sure if it fits the purpose -- is to overlay
> transparent-background images on top of the displayed text, not unlike
> what we do with mouse pointers.  For this, I'd rather ask Jan to
> comment, as this kind of graphics, most of which should be implemented
> in the terminal-dependent display back-end, is way out of my area of
> expertise.

For the backends it is just a matter of putting an image glyph string at the
correct coordinates.  I don't know if transparent images has been tested well,
but in theory that should be handeled already.

So the display engine needs to make the appropriate image glyph string, and
send them to the backend after the text has been drawn.

        Jan D.