Re: Menus with more items than the TTY can display

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Menus with more items than the TTY can display
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 15:57:46 +0200

>> The behavior differs when I set `resize-mini-windows' to nil or t or
>> when I set `max-mini-window-height' to 1.  The terminal emulator does
>> not know about these.  How does that fit in here?
>
> We write different stuff in each case, obviously.

We?  Why?  In term.c you've bound `resize-mini-windows' to nil.

> I suspect different
> cursor motion commands.  If you want to analyze these more precisely,
> produce 3 termscripts where the keyboard commands were exactly the
> same, then using Diff might show the differences.

Too difficult :-(

>> No.  The display is correct.  So can we be sure that this is a timing
>> issue?
>
> Most probably, yes.  If you play with the sleeping period, do you see
> any differences?

Down to 0.01, no differences.  But couldn't, in the original scenario,
Emacs redisplay (which BTW seems to redraw the modeline too) garble the
display (and termscript doesn't see that)?  Or is that a silly question?

> Can you try without removing the menu bar produced by the terminal
> itself, and see if the same problems are present then?

I do so for quite some time as my caps should have shown.  BTW
`window-height' and `window-screen-lines' give the same values (22 and
21.0) as for the w/o terminal menubar case.

martin