Re: Rectangular regions

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Rectangular regions
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 08:57:12 -0400

>> For us cua-mode junkies, please consider Alt+arrows (alternatively
>> Alt+Shift+arrows) and Alt+drag (alternatively, click at one corner,
>> Alt+click at opposite corner).

AFAICT, this is not part of the default cua-mode behavior.

I see some code to provide the Alt+click/drag if
cua-rectangle-modifier-key is not `meta', but I don't see any code to
support the Alt+arrows option.

> That will only make sense if the functionality is similar enough to
> what cua-rect does.  I didn't test this well enough to know whether it
> is; I do know that cua-rect has some tricks up its sleeve.

There several important differences.  But that shouldn't preclude us
from looking at cua-mode for inspiration.

        Stefan