Annoying (frameset bug?): desktop-mode and maxmized frame

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Annoying (frameset bug?): desktop-mode and maxmized frame
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 10:35:08 +0530

I am not sure this counts as an bug or an area for improvement.  The
description is fuzzy.  Please be patient.

Timeline:

Happens post Juanma's frameset enhancements.

Problem:

Minibuffer gets much below (or beyond) the visible area of my monitor (I
use netbook.)  See the attached screenshot.  This makes Emacs
practically useless.

How do I get in to above scenario:

0. No desktop file.
1. emacs -Q but with desktop enabled.

    (custom-set-variables
     '(desktop-base-file-name "~/.emacs.desktop")
     '(desktop-save-mode t))

2. The frame occupies only a part of my screen.  Maximize it.

3. IMPORTANT STEP: Open a lot of buffers.

   This is step is important to ensure that there is a notable delay
   between "the initial frame" and "maximized frame" when Emacs is
   restarted.

4. Save desktop.  Quit Emacs.

5. Restart Emacs.

   Emacs starts with an *un*-maximized frame.  The frame would remain in
   this state until the .emacs (and hence the desktop) is fully loaded.

   CRUCIAL STEP: Don't wait for intitalization to finish.  Maximize the
   frame via the window manager.  (I do this out of habit.)

6. After the Emacs has inited, see a frame where the minibuffer has gone
   underneath my monitor.  i.e., minibuffer is totally inaccessible.

Expected behaviour:

1. Setting of initial frame size should take precedence over other
   initialization stuff or

2. The frameset code should account for the above quirky behaviour of
   me.  (If frame is maximized, then nothing to do.)