Re: Bzr taskbranches and ChangeLog

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bzr taskbranches and ChangeLog
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 10:43:24 +0200

> From: Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 09:03:54 +0100
>
> now I assumed that the changelog_merge plugin would DTRT (which it
> didn't) I committed my changes including those in the ChangeLog.  Then,
> as documented on emacswiki, I did
>
>   $ cd ../trunk
>   $ bzr update
>   $ cd ../bug-16090
>   $ bzr merge
>   $ bzr status
>   $ bzr commit -m "Merge from trunk."
>
> Now the result is that "bzr missing" tells me that I have 2 extra
> revisions and no missing ones.  However, "bzr log" doesn't show me the
> commits I've just merged, but the changes are here.  The commits seem to
> be amalgamated in the merge commit that's on top of the log right now.
> Is that how it is supposed to be?

Yes.  By default, "bzr log" hides all the individual commits on
another branch that you merged, and shows only a single merge commit.
To see the revisions from another branch, do "bzr log -n0" or
"bzr log --include-merged".  (These are slow, so you may wish to
install the history_db plugin, which makes them as fast as the default
"bzr log".)  You will see the same in the trunk branch regarding your
changes in the feature branch that you merged: they appear as a single
merge commit.  See "bzr help log" for more fun.