Re: Move to git is not imminent - esr is just tired of talking about it

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Move to git is not imminent - esr is just tired of talking about it
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 16:12:53 -0600

>Oh, really? Reasonable? I know you have a lot of knowledge about how
>free/open source projects work (great book, BTW). Have you
>participated in many projects where someone who is not a regular
>contributor, or he is but hasn't been active for years,
>single-handledly assumed responsibility for something as important as
>a VCS switch and put a date to it, in four days? Because what you call
>"volunteering" I would call "trampling".

Like I said, to me he's just being aggressive about getting it done, but
I don't sense that he's trying to trample anything.  (Also, ESR has some
history of activity in Emacs over many years, though lately he has not
been very active -- of course, that's not immediately obvious from just
seeing his post, so it's understandable you might not have known it.)

Thank you for the kind comment about the book, by the way!

Best,
-K