Re: Is intellisense features integration in Emacs technically possible?

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Is intellisense features integration in Emacs technically possible?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 20:53:51 +0100

Tom writes:
> Creating mature and extensive intellisense features is hard work,
> it requires lots of man hours and while it's technically possible to
> implement it in emacs it is unlikely to happen, because emacs lacks
> the developing resources.

Most of the hard work for implementing smart completions was already
done (and yes, it took many years). We have the necessary infrastructure
and fairly well working parsers for C/C++, Java, Python, Fortran90, and
others. Yes, there is still a lot of work to do, and more contributors
would be nice, for sure, but it is absolutely doable.

-David