Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp (was: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r1013

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp (was: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r101338: ...)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 20:05:06 +0100

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:11:57 +0200
Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> So I really have no idea what is this gripe all about

My only gripe is about you continuously ignoring what I am saying and
respond to something entirely different.

You asked: Why is Elpy not in Emacs?

I gave you a list of reasons. Among them, I mentioned, as a *minor*
point, that *I* am currently not prepared to put in the commitment to
follow all the requirements for a proper contribution to Emacs.

I even said *explicitly* that I am *not complaining* about these
requirements.

Nevertheless, you managed to completely ignore what I said and respond
as if I said something entirely different.

And you managed to do this repeatedly.

I say "there are plenty of things (packages) already in Emacs that
have the same problem", and followed that statement with a list of
examples. You manage to quote that first sentence and go "please
point them out."

You say "get these packages into Emacs and the problems will become
less". I give CEDET as an example of a package that *is* in Emacs,
which hasn't solved the problems at all. You manage to respond to this
by asking me to "put my money where my mouth is".

Not to mention that you managed to respond to a statement about
"clang-based extensions", have a multi-email discussion about where you
quoted this phrase, and in the end managed to drop the quote and go
"oh, I didn't know they're clang-based".

I have no idea how I can have a constructive discussion with someone
who is so obviously intent on reading what they want to read instead of
trying to read what the other party is saying, so I will now cease to
try.

Have a good day.

Jorgen