Re: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 01:20:37 +0900

Lennart Borgman writes:

 > Then I think Emacs must move in the direction of much tighter
 > integration with compilers and environments.  Tighter integration
 > with the environments probably means allowing Emacs to be used as a
 > plugin (in the browser in this case).

I don't really see that.  In the great majority of cases there's about
one file to worry about (a CSS file accessed from a <link rel=stylesheet>).

Sure, we could do better with huge integration, but the point now is
more to get something (anything!) working.  Many Emacs users will also
be able to deal with the concept of configuring for their use case (do
you have on-the-fly style changes in a script? very well, configure
that script as an auxiliary file to search for such changes).  And so
on.  Leverage our users' skills to make life better for them, then
worry about putting Eclipse and Mozilla plugins out of business.