Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r116836: Avoid GC crashes.

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r116836: Avoid GC crashes.
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 13:59:33 -0700

On 03/23/2014 01:10 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 12:53:30 -0700
>> From: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>
>> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>>
>> Hrm. Something does seem very wrong then. Why does Richard's always seem
>> to occur in the same place, though?
>
> I don't know.  But note that those reported by Drew also look very
> similar only to Drew's own reports.  Not sure what this means.
>
>> The rest of these reports seem arbitrarily distributed.
>
> I see 2 distinct groups reported by Drew: one inside functions called
> by balance_intervals_internal, the other in cleanup_vector.

How about we add code to automatically run gdb and collect a crash dump?
We can't use MiniDumpWriteDump because gdb can't read Windows minidump
files, and windbg can't understand DWARF symbols.

Or actually, how about integrating Google's Breakpad? It doesn't require
a local gdb, and it comes with a minidump-2-core utility that supposedly
lets gdb debug the resulting dump files.